Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Step 3 - Eight Minute Fastwrite

What first made me think about researching marriage was when I heard that there was a German politician who wanted to make marriages have expiration dates. That made me think about how differently people view marriage. For some it is about the money, for some the love, and for others the relationship. It seemed absurd to me that someone would even think about making marriages expire. So, I decided to research marriage. Marriage is a broad topic, so I narrowed it down to what I thought was my real interest. I wanted to know about marriage commitment. Today, divorce is so common, that it would seem that people do not really care about the commitment that marriage should be or used to be because they are so easy to break that. As I researched, I was surprised to find that there were a lot of people who shared and reinforced my view. They talked about the lack of commitment and also about the importance of effective communication.

No comments: